Well, summertime may be upon us and while many of us be in vacation mode, things may be a little slower at Town Hall as well… but the meetings must go on (albeit on a summer schedule).
As always, all meetings are open to the public and attendance is encouraged… “beat the heat” and enjoy the nice air conditioned meetings!
Here is a look what is in store for July:
Monday, July 10 – 4:30 pm
Administration & Finance Committee – Town Hall
- 2018 Municipal Election – provision of election services and presentation by the recommended contractor
- Fire Safety Plans for Station #2 and Southward Park
- 2016 Capital State of Operations – *Co-Gen additional start-up costs of $63,400 funded from reserves – see our recent post on the status of the Co-Gen*
- 27 John St – Tax Increment Equivalent Grant application for site remediation
Tuesday, July 11 – 7:00 pm
Planning & Development Committee – Town Hall
- Public Open House for new developments proposed for 7 Park Road South and 709-721 Winston Road
- Interview Process for Heritage Committee Members
Tuesday, July 11 – 6:00 pm
Recreation Services – Peach King Centre
- Parks, Recreation and Culture Master Plan Update – draft request for proposal
Wednesday, July 12 – 4:30 pm
Public Works Committee – Town Hall
- Award of contracts
- 2017 Drinking Water Management Review and Risk Assessment Update
- Release of construction holdbacks on projects (CoGen Acoustic Installation)
A number of reports were not provided with the agenda and will be forthcoming.
As a follow up to our post from the Public Works meeting in June, Public Health confirmed that two additional test results of the Southward Park drinking water system (cistern) on June 10 and 13 came back clear of any bacterial contamination, resulting in the warning being lifted June 15. The Town will continue to closely monitor and test on a regular basis.
Monday, July 17 – 6:30 pm
Council – Town Hall
Agenda: to be posted
Wednesday, July 26 – 7:00 pm
Grimsby Economic Development Committee – Town Hall
Agenda: to be posted