While the kids are out of school and people are relaxing in their summer holidays, Council will be hard at work tonight with a very lengthy agenda covering a wide range of matters.
Among some of the topics of interest are:
- Biodigester update from CEO of Grimsby Energy, there was no presentation attached to the agenda, so we will update you on what happens at Council or better yet, come to Town Hall to see for yourself
- SGL Planning will be providing Council with an unveiling of early information and the roadmap for the Hospital Corridor Secondary Plan and Urban Design Guidelines
- Delegation presenting on the proposed Medical Marijuana Facility at 378 South Service Road and presentation of the Committee of Adjustment minutes on the matter. On a related note West Lincoln is taking up the fight to restrict these facilities: https://www.niagarathisweek.com/news-story/8695824-west-lincoln-councillor-frustrated-over-legal-grow-ops/
- Adoption of a Joint West Niagara Emergency Management Program to implement greater co-ordination between municipalities on emergency response
- If you don’t have a clean yard, make noise or maintain your property you might be subject to the “Administrative Monetary Penalty System” to be passed that will enable the municipality to fine you for By-Law offences
- Changes to WLMH parking implementing “Pay & Display” and greater enforcement efforts in ticketing violators
Council begins tonight at 6:30 PM (please note the summer hours) at Town Hall. As always, all are welcome and for those looking to beat the heat, the Council Chambers are a nice place to cool down.